The International Youth Climate Forum is a space for 250 talented youth from around the world to share their experiences, thought, awareness and understanding on climate change, and to work for a brighter and greener future. The event aims to give youngsters a voice on climate change, to improve understanding and inspire action to fight global warming.
Theme: “A Better Earth through You and Me”.
The Forum would be held in July 21th – 30th, 2010, in South Sulawesi, Indonesia. The agendas are Workshop, Islands Expedition, Forest Expedition, NGO and Youth Organization Exhibition, Plenary Session, Public Youth Dialogue, Panel Discussion, Focus Group Discussion, Green Campaign and Clean up the World, Cultural Performance, Inner Reflection, Sharing Personal Experiences, Field Trip, Field Research, and Cultural Visit.
· Environment and development has been in the agenda of UN, government, faith communities and NGOs since early 80’s but in the beginning of 21st century, the Climate change has emerged as a new challenge and becoming an integral priority concern of various stake holders. Modernization, rapid development policies have great impact on environment and climate. Natural resource management have direct relevance to poverty, sustainable development and peace. Poorest of the poor can feel the impact in terms water crises, excessive heat waves, pollution and flood all threat to life and livelihood.
· Climate change is happening, that it is due to human activities, and that it will have significant social, economic and environmental consequences. These consequences will be unevenly distributed across geographical, social and generational boundaries, and will increase global inequality.
· Addressing climate change is the challenge for young generation, and requires the action and cooperation of people from all faiths, cultures, and countries. Young people have a responsibility to take care of the earth and commit themselves to working towards a just and sustainable future. To provide an opportunity which youths can become aware of phenomena due to climate change and share conversation on it. In the process of the camp, youths will find ways towards green development
· To provide an opportunity which youths can become aware of phenomena due to climate change and share ideas on it.
· To build awareness about the impacts of climate change and enhance their capacity to be engaged in green campaign (positive actions inspired by religious and cultural values to protect environment and climate) at schools and communities. }To make youths get involved in dealing with climate change and in the process of green development.
· To strengthen and improve cooperation and mutual interest amongst youth in the world.
International Youth Climate forum 2010 will empower participants through lecturing, Workshop, Islands Expedition, Forest Expedition, NGO and Youth Organization Exhibition, Plenary Session, Public Youth Dialogue, Panel Discussion, Focus Group Discussion, Green Campaign and Clean Up The World, Cultural Performance, Inner Reflection, Sharing Personal Experiences, Field Trip, Field Research and Cultural Visit.
· Participants will gain knowledge and be inspired to be engaged in awareness building and best practices at school and community levels
· Empowered young people to develop new ideas and solutions for dealing with the adverse effects of climate change on human society.
· Participants could formulate some recommendations (Youth Statement for Action)Strengthening youth network on climate change action
· Increased participation of youth in the movements of protecting environment and climate for sustainable development and peace.
· Recommendations on Youth Action toward Climate Change.
· Strengthening youth network on climate change action.
· Initiated 5 (five) projects ideas
250 participants aged 16 – 30 years old from around the world can participate to IYCF 2010 (Foreign participants: 100; Indonesian: 150).
· Qualification : Interested in Environment Challenge, Environment Organization, NGO, Every Student, University Student, have a good English to actively participate in discussion, Interested in International Issues, and Have an ability to perform his/her own country‘s cultural tradition/music/art/dance.
· Registration :
The name of the participants should have been received by the committee before 21th June, 2010 (deadline)
Jln. Baji Areng No.11 Makassar, Makassar.
South Sulawesi, Indonesia (Sekretariat KNPI Sul-Sel)
Phone/ Fax : +62411 832 686
Mobile : +62815 4312 8242 / +62813 5591 7969
E-mail : email@example.com