Theme: Reshaping Our Future Through Agreen Economy And Sustainable Lifestyle
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) in collaboration with the Government of Indonesia will be organizing its Tunza International Children & Youth Conference on the Environment , from 26 to 30 September 2011. It will bring together 1400 children and youth, to discuss their role and inputs to the upcoming United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development ” Rio+20″.
Under the slogan ‘ Reshaping Our future through A Green Economy and Sustainable Lifestyle’. The conference will also review the contribution of youth to the International Year of Forests and how they can adopt more environment-friendly lifestyles. The conference themes are Rio + 20 (Green Economy) / Green Lifestyles, Forests, Sustainable Consumption and State of the Global Environment from the youth perspective.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Children applying for the conference must be between the ages of 10-14 years on 30 September 2011.
- Only applications from schools and recognized organizations will be considered.
- Schools and organizations submitting an application must provide information on their environmental programmes.
- All children attending the Conference must be accompanied by a chaperone designated by the school or organization submitting the application and confirmed by a parent or legal guardian.
- In addition to submitting this form online, a copy must be signed by the head teacher or head of organization and parent/legal guardian and sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration : http://unep.org/tunza/children/events/icc2011/
- Applicants have to be between 15 to 24 on 30 September 2011
- Candidates must be nominated by their organizations and must be active members.
- Only nominations from organizations working on or interested in environmental and sustainable development issues will be considered.
- Each nomination must have two candidates – one female and one male. But only one of them will be elected
(Please note that applications will not be considered unless the above is fulfilled).
- All nominations must reach UNEP on or before 30 JUNE 2011
- Please NOTE that submitted an application does not mean that you will be selected to participate in the conference. You will be notified if you have been selected or not.
- Registration: http://unep.org/tunza/youth/conferences_events/tiyc2011/
Nominations must be submitted to UNEP on or before 30 June 2011
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 22 JULY 2011
For further information on the conference, please contact:
The Children and Youth / Sport and the Environment Unit
Division of Communications and Public Information
Fax: +254 -20-762 3927